Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Thursday, September 2, 2010

recovery

A few years ago I recieved the family bible.  I had been expecting something baroque, ornate, and I got this:
Well, it does not look great, but whats inside  it made up for it. 


I love this, so I decided to make it more beautiful so that I could enjoy it more.  I went to http://www.tatteredchic.blogspot.com/, she has an etsy shop that happens to carry bookcovers.  I chose one, she emails the pattern and your off!  My book was larger than the pattern so I just added on.  I decided not to permanently attach, just folded it around the edges. 

 That's it under the clock!! Soft, subtle and so worth it.  I love it.

It works in the living room now.  It makes me wonder why I didn't do this before, as it used to sit in the closet. 
Until next time, and thank you for all the nice comments I'm getting!  Seems  there are some issues with leaving comments, I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Gasp ... oh my ... you're right about the treasure you uncovered in your bible. Look at that family history - priceless. That bible must be so precious to you. Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete