Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Treasures by Shabby Chic

I adore Rachel Ashwell and she has yet to do anything I don't love.  When I heard she was doing a line of stationary for Michaels I got a bit excited since Michaels is in Canada but my hopes were not high.  For those of you who don't live in Canada, let me explain, not everything available in the states is available here in Canada even if it's an American store, hence the popularity of ebay!

I went into Michaels yesterday and asked 2 sales clerks and they told me no, they did not have any Shabby Chic but if they did it would be in the stationary bins - which is exactly where I found it and the best part of it is the stationary bins are $1.50 or less!!  I was so excited and picked up everything I would want because those bins clean out of a cute product and then don't get filled again, so run as soon as possible, I don't think it will last.  This is what I picked up:


After this wonderful find I got to the till and it was 25% off day so I got each piece for about $1.13 each except the magnets which were $3.00.

I picked up pens. 


I got beautiful post it notes and gift tags.


Beautiful gift cards (with pale green envelopes), which are always so hard to find.


Magnets (pretty magnets are impossible to find!) and a notebook.


I even got nail files!


It's all so beautiful.  It seems to be based on many of her patterns.   It's a little odd that I now have a pillow and nail file that match! 

It all makes for a beautiful desk.



Beautiful pens in milk glass.  It's hard to find prettier.




It will make everyday prettier, which everyone deserves. So run to Michael's and show me what you have.  There are items I left behind; hangers, shelf paper, soaps, but I got everything I wanted at a better price than I ever expected.  It's affordable Rachel so don't let it pass you by!

Have fun shopping,
Patricia


7 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful~those pens look darling in your milk glass. Lovely post ~ made me smile
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm an hour to the nearest Michael's...Barrie...totally worth it by the looks of your stash!! love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I love those pens. I'm going to hit Michael's this week and see if they have them. My closest one is about 8 minutes away. It's really the only good store close to me. So I shop there quite a bit. Thanks for letting everyone know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought out all the floral shelf paper at my local store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some of these things today. I HAD to have them as well. BUT have you tried the magnets?? I was so disappointed! They are soo pretty yet are not strong enough to even hold up a single piece of paper on my fridge. They were $2 a set. So, I'm not sure if I should return them or go buy a sheet of magnets cut them up and glue them to the backs so I can still use them....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought alot of these products too.. SOOO pretty! I also found that the magnets didn't hold anything up on my fridge, they barely stay up on the fride themselves.. odd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know if they still have them? I checked yesterday and they do not :( I am thinking about writing michaels and asking :) I had some and now I am out! <3

    ReplyDelete