Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Beauty from the library

I have always had a library card, even as a little kid.  I don't really understand people who don't go to the library. I love every section but my favourite is the decor section.  As well, I like to look at the magazines and I found something in Canadian House and Home I thought I would share.  The editor went to New York and saw this in Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture store. 


This was in the window in the Christmas season. It's a picture from the magazine so it didn't turn out that well but you get the idea; bare branches, beautiful pale ornaments and 2 fabulous chairs.

As well, I was about to leave the library when I found "Romantic Style".  The cover caught my eye!



This is the back cover.


Yes, that's me, they are right this is the book for me!

It's worth going to the library to get this book so that at least you can drool over these pictures.  Some of the homes are very detailed and dark so it's not all light romantic decor, but what is is absolute perfection. 

I adore this photo.



The whole dresser. So beautiful and inspiring.




The size of the candle holder in the corner is the biggest I have ever seen. 



Such a beautiful little room.


 
I love the vintage mirrors on the wall. 

This decor is so beautiful because in most of the rooms the floor is painted white.  In our newer homes the floor is not so rough looking that we need to paint it, but doesn't this make you yearn for messy floors that need to be painted?

I love inspiration and I always find it at the library.

Until next time,
Patricia

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of that book. Thanks for sharing. I know the library is a great source. I just never seem to make it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!

    Please feel free to link back to us at www.houseandhome.com.

    Thanks so much!

    Seema
    H&H Web Promotions Editor

    ReplyDelete