Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Greenery

I have never lived without winter.  All my life in Canada I have had winter. By the time spring hits I am thrilled to see green and plants. I try in the winter to have some green in my home.  Not always with success but I try.


Baby tears from Wellington.  So easy to have in the house, water twice a week, put in a beautiful urn and enjoy.  Urn is from Michaels years ago, base is from walmart with a paint job and a magnet glued on.


Not so beautiful with the orange pot peeking out I know.  I have been struggling with this gardenia for months.  Fertilizer, light, no flowers.  Sigh.  I am hoping for success in the summer.  I loved the smell of Gardenia and it has beautiful white waxy flowers. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it.




Orchids have been a staple in my house for years.  Easy to grow, long flowering and little need for fuss.




Ferns under glass in white.  It's all beautiful.

A Myrtle.  I love the topiary shape of a myrtle.  Easy, lots of water, light, and a little hair trim and they are always beautiful.  I love to trim a Myrtle, it smells a bit like a fresh pine tree when it's done.

Until next time,
Patricia

3 comments:

  1. Your urns are beautiful! I don't keep many live plants inside, they always croak on me. They do make everything look so much better indoors tho so I opt for some 'faux' ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green DOES look beautiful, especially during our long, drab, colourless winter. I have tried several times, with zero success. My home lacks natural light so I turn to faux but it can't compare to the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your urns!! I like to use life plants to decorate. Only problem is they never last long because I do not have a green thumb. Your plants look beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete