I went to Home Depot and picked up square decorative pieces to put on the chair which I applied with wood glue (I love wood glue, what an invention!)
I painted it a robins egg blue that I had leftover from Home Hardware's Canadian Home and Country paint. It was awful!! Too vibrant for my taste too blue. I hate when that happens and I sort of needed to see it all done to realize how awful it was. I decided to get my creamy white Benjamin Moore Aura "Gardenia" paint out to fix it. I didn't want to make it completely white so I watered the paint and then ran the brush (not foam) from the top to the bottom of a section and came up with this dreamy effect.
I also had to change the seat. I just turned the chair upside down and unscrewed the seat from the frame. I placed a white cotton piece of fabric I had on it, tacked it on (my stapler was not working!) screwed the seat back on and done!
We just moved and the movers somehow cracked the front of the chair into jagged splinters right at the figure 8 portion. I love the chair so much I am now just covering the splinter with a pillow until I can figure out how to fix it.
Until next time Patricia