Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sometime's it's just luck

Last summer I was heading back from the beach with my family and stopped at a garage sale that we found just ending.  I admired a ugly dining room chair and the couple offered it to me for free. Actually they offered me the whole set but I just wanted this one.  I saw potential!!

I went to Home Depot and picked up square decorative pieces to put on the chair which I applied with wood glue (I love wood glue, what an invention!)

I painted it a robins egg blue that I had leftover from Home Hardware's Canadian Home and Country paint.  It was awful!!  Too vibrant for my taste too blue.  I hate when that happens and I sort of needed to see it all done to realize how awful it was.  I decided to get my creamy white Benjamin Moore Aura "Gardenia" paint out to fix it.  I didn't want to make it completely white so I watered the paint and then ran the brush (not foam) from the top to the bottom of a section and came up with this dreamy effect.

I also had to change the seat.  I just turned the chair upside down and unscrewed the seat from the frame.  I placed a white cotton piece of fabric I had on it, tacked it on (my stapler was not working!) screwed the seat back on and done!

I love the result
Lovey does too! 

We just moved and the movers somehow cracked the front of the chair into jagged splinters right at the figure 8 portion.  I love the chair so much I am now just covering the splinter with a pillow until I can figure out how to fix it.

Until next time  Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment