Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Friday, August 27, 2010

chic little clock

My Mom and I are in the midst of painting the living room, dining room and kitchen a warm creamy white.  What a difference light can make.  I have never been able to live in dark and a flat brown paint qualifies as dark.  Pictures to follow. 

Last fall I got into a bling frenzy (as witnessed by my previous post!) with a clock and decided to do another one.  I have had this clock for 15+ years, it was brown and never worked (because I couldn't get the back off to add the battery) but it had potential.  One day I figured out how to get the back off and then I was off!!

I painted the clock cream, then started adding bling,



It is a small clock so 1 dollar store bracelet covered the brass around the face.

Then I added a crown on top which was from a cell phone charm and then added an earring to the bottom.  I then needed pink shiny at 3 and 9 but it looked off.  I left it for a while and thought. 

What was off was the clock mechanism under the glass was brass.   I tried and couldn't get the glass off and the brass upset the look of it all.  What worked was pasting a dollar store earring onto the glass face.  It covered the brass and because the same detail was on the 3 and 9 it worked. 



I now have it on my desk. 





I love it so much that when I had sold my house I moved into my Mom's for 2 months and I brought it.  It doesn't keep great time (the battery needs to be changed about every 5 weeks) but it is a tiny bit of beautiful. 


I even liked it under the Christmas tree,


Back to painting!

Patricia

5 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia:

    I just found your blog thru "Life in the Fun Lane" and I am now your newest follower. I'm a fellow Canadian, eh! Okay, sorry, some Canuck humour. Welcome to the world of blogging where I too, am new. Your home is lovely and I look forward to following all your decorating decisions and projects. Please stop by for a visit!
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat
    P.S. - For some reason your "comment" button is not working on your latest post, that's why I've posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, The comment button for your most recent post wasn't working for me either, so like Lisa, I'm posting here. I think you nabbed the bargain of the century with that $5.00 chest. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Everything is so beautiful! Your clocks are just scrumptious! I'm going to have to try that. Such a clever idea using a bracelet to surround. And that white Christmas tree....breathtaking. I'm betting your Christmas posts are going to be a real treat! Regards, Sheilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, I am your newest follower. You won me over with the bracelet idea from the $1 store!!! Genius! The clock is a masterpiece. I found your link through Cindy's Romantic Home Show and Tell. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I am hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply a darling little clock!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your wonderful creations up at my Fabulous Friday Finds party, each Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete