I blame this.
This beautiful aqua pillow. It got me loving aqua and in turn thinking I needed to add it to ........ something.
A few weeks ago I showed my painted dresser project
I love it but the overall effect has been so white. I noticed this when I took a picture of my daughter in vibrant colours and the room behind her glowed white. I thought adding colour to the dresser would work. I thought I would add a bit of wallpaper ( could not find any I like), those wall sticky things (never any in my taste ) and then I decided to look for a stamp of a damask pattern (which was no where), then I looked for a damask stencil. Aargh! Nothing.
Then that damn beautiful pillow made me think I needed aqua and off to Home Depot I went. This is what I did.
I sat down to look after I was done and realized it was a green not blue aqua. It grated on me for the entire 6 days it lasted (It was wrong because I have no greens here, blues, grays, pinks but no green. There may be a reason for that, green never seems to work for me).
Yesterday I was by Michael's so I thought I would check for a damask stamp, but no. Then I thought maybe I would look for wrapping paper and see if anything there would work.
A Shabby Chic Rescue!! Treasures by Shabby Chic gift wrap. Huh.
I looked at it and realized I could make it work.
I like the grey and white almost damask pattern and decided the grey would be a definite improvement over the green. I applied it with mod podge
I repainted all the green pale grey. It was exactly what it ( and I ) needed.
To me the grey looks french and subtle.
It is my little corner of France.
My favourite candle holder. Once a weigh scale (like a justice weight), it was my first garage purchase, .50 cents. I pulled it apart, glued it together in a more appealing combination, then silver leafed it. The crystals are from the grocery store.
I like this all so much better. It was a lesson I needed to learn.
No more green.
Until next time
I will be sharing this with: