Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lamp redo

A few years ago my Mom gifted me with a large, beautiful mercury glass lamp with a large black and white shade.


It's a beautifully detailed shade but the black and white isn't working in my bedroom.  I really needed a solution and couldn't find one.  I tried to do ruffles, an epic fail.  I was inspired by  this amazing shade done by;


 I tried to replicate it ( using a mix of white ribbon and a black pin) but I couldn't find anything that made me happy, or would work, or was the right size. 

It's been bothering me for weeks, fabric would be draped, and discarded, ribbon wrapped and unwrapped.  Everything I tried was either too sheer, too small for the overall size of the shade or wasn't what I was looking for.

  I hid the lamp in a corner out of frustration. 

I adore inspiration, I knew an idea will bubble up and save me and it finally did.  I have a set of unused curtains and I realized if I folded it in half it would cover the black and white pattern.


After washing and ironing I rolled and then taped the top down. Pinned the edge to the fabric.


Easy

The result was perfect


I like it so much I took the lamp out of the corner.





Until next time,
Patricia

5 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, your lamp turned out so pretty! The base reminds me of mercury glass, and the fabric is so very Cabbages and Roses! Beautifully done, tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was a very clever solution and it does look great !
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!!! I'm in the process of a lamp shade re do....thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great! I love it. I also love your little clock! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic-great job!! Happy WW!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete