Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rethinking it all


My house has had a lot of change in the past week.  Last weekend my antique cabinet was purchased and went out the door opening up a lot of (much needed) room on the main floor. 


It was beautiful but too big for a small room. 




Brad Kitt had to try it out before it went.

I gave my china away so I don't really need a cabinet for it, more for candles, kitchen stuff, & treasures.  I purchased a great 3 drawer dresser that fits and has a lot of potential.


Not everyone saw the potential right away.  I love how it is getting some of my kitchen stuff organized.



As soon as I get time I am painting this piece since brown has no appeal for me.

My Mom moved out this week, making a big change everywhere.  I have organizing to do it feels like in every room but I will get to it.  I moved into her now vacant large room today and brought up a favourite table.


I found it in a flooded flower shop, ankle deep in water, paid $5.00 and ran!  the bottoms of the legs were moldy so they had to be cut off.  It's crooked.......  (seems like it should answer to the name lucky! ) but I love it.


I have a lot of work to do to get my room together and get my painting done but when I do you will be the first to see it. 

Until next time
Patricia

4 comments:

  1. Patricia ~ looks like you've got some projects on the go ~ can't wait to see the little chest finished ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dresser, are you going to paint it white?? The little table is darling, crooked legs and all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    I love your nightstand! I have a table like this... I had never thought of using it in the bedroom:-) Fun Idea!
    I a your newest follower:-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so exciting - it is going to be gorgeous!!! if you need help please let me know!

    ReplyDelete