Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chaos Theory

I haven't blogged for a while because the house is in a bit of chaos.  Last week a painter came and took care of all of the high and difficult spots and now the house glows.  We went from matte brown to creamy white and the results are incredible.


A gloss paint was used and the effect of sunlight and lamps and even candles just amplifies the beauty of this paint.

In the midst of the painting is packing.  No, not me, my Mom.  She is in love, has met a nice man and is making a new life.  I'm happy for her, but I will miss her. 

I am lucky this mothers day, I have a great Mom who is also my friend, and  a sweet creative daughter. I had been told there would be no children for me, so my daughter is a miracle, which when the teen years roll around I sometimes forget!! There is not much to complain about in my life.

I have been looking for a towel bar for the newly painted bathroom and I had purchased a perfectly modern silver rod but yesterday at a builders re-store I found what I really wanted.





This was probably from some 70's house and reviled by the new owners.  I am amazed it wasn't thrown in a landfill.



Perfectly chippy, charming and baroque!

In the midst of all this chaos we did make time to go to my favourite store Wellington, I'm still thinking about this.



For now I just enjoy this picture. 

Until next time,
Patricia




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful fire screen! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lucky finds - those are going to look amazing in your bathroom!!!!

    ReplyDelete