Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring!

This is the first weekend that felt like spring.  The sun is shining, the large amounts of snow are melting and I got inspired to make my house feel like spring. 

It started with the opening of Wellington.  Wellington is closed from January until the end of March and I was thrilled.  They have an antique garden urn from Versailles!!  It is beautiful and I got to touch it.  If I had a lot of cash lying around I would be showing it, but it is beyond my budget. 

I didn't walk out empty handed.  I bought a small garden urn for my coffee table.  It is a soft colour & will fit a small plant. Right now some it's holding some eggs.


I can't bring myself to take the tag off yet.


I found the eggs in a dollar store about 4 years ago.  Just iridescent glass with a coloured feather inside. 



I noticed while getting organized for spring my myrtle was looking a little..... well crazy.



Haircut time!  Myrtles can have a trim back to their topiary shape without any harm.  The leaves smell like lemon scented pine trees when cut. The result is always worth it.



I made the mistake when I was getting groceries at Walmart to go into the greenhouse.  I don't need another plant but I couldn't leave it there.


It says spring.



Such a beautiful pink.  So perfect together.


I hope you felt like spring is coming this weekend too.  If it snows tomorrow (god forbid!) it will feel like spring inside.

Until next time,
Patricia

7 comments:

  1. I just got lost in the French elegance of your home, especially that hydrangea!

    Bisous,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your urn, it's gorgeous! I get funny with pretty tags too, I usually either leave them on or hang them on something else:) Your home looks so fresh, clean and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...your house is looking like spring. I LOVE that urn. I've been looking for one like that. I don't know anything about myrtles and I'm thinking I DO need to know about them. I love that little topiary. I can't wait to decorate for Easter in my house. I'm doing the home tour at Poppies at Play this week and have not taken my photos yet...I don't want my photos to be all Eastery....so I'm putting off decorating till after I take photos this week. But I am anxious to get things out. I love those glass eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your urn and your new hydrangea are so very beautiful! And yes, your myrtle looks much nicer after its haircut. Spring has Sprung in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely living room and new additions to your decor!
    Happy WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that urn. I am an urn nut. I cannot pass one up with I find them. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos! I love that hydrangea and the myrtle! If I put them inside my house they would be dead in very short order. :(
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete