Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Little Pink House


Happy New Year!  For Christmas I went to the Caymen Islands and went from -31 Celsius to this:


It was heavenly to spend our holiday in the warmth and sunshine and my daughter and I did a lot of collecting.  I think it was Nate Berkus who always says to live with the things that have meaning to you, and things that remind you of your travels, so after bringing  home 10 lbs of shells I went to work incorporating them into our home as a reminder of a wonderful time. 

Many years ago I found this beautiful Murano glass bowl,


and for some reason I have not found a use for it for years.  When I filled it with all my shells (and a fishing float) it became a beautiful daily reminder of all the beauty that can be found on a beach.


I found beautiful pale pink,


sweet green, 


and a representation of all the love I have in my life. 

(it looks a bit like a heart!)

I also found something to dream about 


A beautiful pink house, with a Canadian flag, on the beach in the breeze.  When it's cold, and the day is long I like to dream about this beautiful pink house in the sun. 

Patricia

9 comments:

  1. I like how soulful this post feels...live with the things you love, maybe one day you'll have that pink house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These tips proved very useful for me and for this, I really want to mention thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete