Making Beauty Anywhere

Making Beauty Anywhere
Live with what makes you smile

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Change

It was time for a change


 
(Knob - Michaels)
This got it all started:


It was in a local antique shop and had been for months. I found it dusty and neglected on the floor and when I first saw it 10 months ago, it reminded me of this:




Kirsten Hollister, Oprah's design contest winner in 2006 had this in her home and I always liked it. For many years I have been on the lookout for it.

My Mom thinks  I should paint the brown trim... but I kind of like it right now. 

To balance the sudden infusion of a new tone, I brought in a few similarly coloured items:



( Sid Dickens "The Winged Messenger")

My two favourite pictures:





Both of these were gift cards from Sid Dickens ( www.siddickens.com).  This amazing Canadian artist does memory blocks, I'm lucky enough to have a few. 

 One new item from Wellington,


(beautiful floor mat at an amazing price)

and the new tone worked.

Who knows, in a few months I may tire of brown and paint the mirror but for right now, it stays brown.

Patricia 

3 comments:

  1. Everything is so pretty! Love the knobs!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw knobs like that in our Micheal's. :(
    Are they fairly new? I have the exact same pillow, though. I bought mine at HomeSense. We sure do have the same taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, I can't wait until we get a Michaels. It isI found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris supposed to happen in 2012.

    ReplyDelete